Job Title: Coachbuilding and Panel Making Technician
Department: Coachbuilding and Bodyshop
Main purpose of job: Working as part of a team to deliver high quality and efficient fabrication, restoration and repair of classic and vintage cars.
Key result areas / key tasks / main duties:
- Fabricates, restores and repairs ash frames
- Fabricates, restores and repairs body panels
- Fabricates, restores and repairs interiors, trim, hoods and other components
- Drives customer and company vehicles e.g. to MOT test station, for road test purposes, for delivery / collection, to events, etc.
- Provides assistance, guidance and instruction to other employees in all departments to ensure the sharing of knowledge, experience, expertise and information
- Communicates professionally with colleagues, customers, suppliers, contractors and any other visitors
- Ensures a safe work environment is maintained through compliance with all health and safety guidance and instructions. Ensures the safe and efficient operation / use of all materials, substances, hand and power tools, plant and other equipment. Reports any defective equipment / plant immediately to ensure a safe working environment
- Regularly cleans, tidies and organises all areas of the workshop
- Works at alternative locations as required by the Managing Director (e.g. customer premises, alternative work locations, etc.)
- Undertakes any other reasonable tasks relating to the business under the direction of the Managing Director
Responsibility for staff / equipment: Supervision, direction, guidance and training of trainees, apprentices, work placements and school work experience students as required by the Managing Director. Safe and careful use of all provided hand and power tools, plant and other equipment.
Responsible to: The Managing Director
|Attainments / competencies||Competent welding skills (TIG and MIG).
Automobile panel fabrication skills.
Carpentry skills (specific to automobile coachbuilding)
|Previous experience||Proven experience working in vintage, classic and /or modern automobile coachbuilding||Proven experience working on Alvis motor cars|
|Special aptitudes||Good communication skills with colleagues, customers, suppliers, contractors, etc.
Good team working skills.
Good understanding of health and safety requirements in a workshop environment.
Ability to complete paperwork with accuracy
Willingness to undertake further training
Full clean driving licence
|Computer skills. Current first aid qualification|
|Physical abilities, circumstances||Physical fitness. Ability to lift and carry heavy objects. Ability to move cars and workshop equipment.
Flexibility to work outside normal operating hours
Willingness to comply with all company policies